REPORTED SPEECH KEY

A.REPORTED STATEMENTS

1. Emily: My teacher will go to Leipzig tomorrow."

Emily said that her teacher would go to Leipzig the next day.

2. Helen: "I was writing a letter yesterday."

Helen told me that she had been writing a letter the day before.

3. Robert: "My father flew to Dallas last year."

Robert told me that his father had flown to Dallas the year before.

4. Michael: "I am going to read a book this week."

Michael said to me that he was going to read a book that week.

5. Jason and Victoria: "We will do our best in the exams tomorrow."

Jason and Victoria told me that they would do their best in the exams the next day.

6. Andrew: "We didn't eat fish two days ago."

Andrew remarked that they hadn't eaten fish two days before.

7. Alice: "I spent all my pocket money on Monday."

Alice complained that she had spent all her pocket money on Monday.

8. David: "John had already gone at six."

David said that John had already gone at six.

B.REPORTED QUESTIONS

1. Christopher: "Do you want to dance?"

Christopher asked me if I wanted to dance.

2. Betty: "When did you come?"

Betty wanted to know when I had come.

3. Mark: "Has John arrived?"

Mark asked me if John had arrived.

4. Ronald: "Where does Maria park her car?"

Ronald asked me where Maria parked her car.

5. Elisabeth: "Did you watch the latest film?"

Elisabeth asked me if I had watched the latest film.

6. Mandy: "Can I help you?"

Mandy wanted to know if she could help me.

7. Andrew: "Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"

Andrew asked me if Mandy would have lunch with Sue.

8. Justin: "What are you doing?"

Justin asked me what I was doing.

9. Frank: "How much pocket money does Lisa get?"

Frank wanted to know how much pocket money Lisa got.

10. Anne: "Must I do the shopping?" 

Anne asked if she had to do the shopping

B.2  YES/ NO QUESTIONS

1. Mary asked me if  I was from Malaga.
2. Peter asked me if I would go to his party.
3. Richard asked me if I liked pop music.
4. Rachel asked me if I had ever been to New York.
5. Sarah asked me if I was glad to be back.
6. Linda asked me if I had any plans to go away again.
7.  Larry asked me if I could lend him some money.
     Larry asked me to lend him some money.

C. REPORTED COMMANDS AND REQUESTS

1.  Sue told me not to wait for her if she was late.

2. Laura asked me to open my bag.
    Laura asked me if I could open my bag
3. Mary told me to slow down.
4.  Helen told Sue not to worry.
5. Alan asked me to marry him.
6. Sarah told me to hurry up.
7. Laura  told me to mind my own business.
8. Julia asked me to repeat what I had said.
9. William asked Tom  to give him a hand.
10. Tom told me to be quiet,
11. Bob asked me to open the door.
12. Sean told me not to miss the train.
13. My mother reminded me to feed the dog.
14. My father reminded me to take the keys when I left the house.

Comentarios