3 ESO. CONDITIONALS (1ST AND 2ND TYPE EXERCISES)




1. Choose the right option
1.     If John (were/would be) here, he (knew/would know) what to do

2.     Do you think it (were/would be) a good idea if I (phoned/would phone) the police?

3.     What (did/would) you do if you (won/would win) a million pound?

4.     If I (had/would have) more time I (learnt/would learn) either karate or judo

5.     If you (changed/would change) your job, what (did/would) you do?

6.     Today (were/would be) Sunday I (were/would be) in bed

7.     I (went/would go) and see Jake tomorrow if I (knew/would know) his address.


2. Fill in the blanks with the suitable form of the verb in brackets
1.     If he (run) ......................... ,he’ll get there in time.
2.     If you (finish) ................................ dinner, I’ll ask the waiter for the bill.
3.     I (meet) ............................... you at the airport if knew you are coming
4.     You can camp in my field only if (leave) ...............................  no mess
5.     If the fog (get) ...................... thicker, the plane may be diverted.
6.     If someone tried to blackmail me, I (tell) ................................ the police.
7.     If you (not have)............................. a permit, you couldn’t get a job.
8.     If you (look) .............................. for Peter, you’ll find him upstairs.
9.     We’re going by air and I hate flying. If we (go) .................................... by boat, I’d feel much happier.

10.  I would be very grateful if you (make) ................................. the arrangements for me. 


3.Transform into a  conditional sentence (1st or 2nd type)

1. I feel very tired, so I won’t come out with you
If I didn’t feel so tired, I would come out with you
2.     He doesn’t know he is here, so he won’t tell him to go away
__________________________________________________
3.     The weather is very cold, that’s why I don’t go to the beach
__________________________________________________
4.     I can’t stop working because I don’t have a lot of money
__________________________________________________
5.     I can’t come out for a walk with you because I’m very tired
__________________________________________________
6.     She doesn’t love you, that’s why  she is so horrible to you
__________________________________________________
7.     Pollution is increasing because there are many cars
__________________________________________________
8.     The climate is changing because there are few trees
__________________________________________________




Comentarios