REPHRASING FOR 2º BACHILLERATO WITH ANSWERS

THANKS TO M LUISA TEJERO

REPHRASING FOR 2º BACHILLERATO WITH ANSWERS


REPHRASING FOR PAU EXAM

SOLUTIONS: REPHRASING FOR PAU EXAM
  1. She started drinking too much alcohol two years ago. (Verbal Tenses)
- She has been drinking too much alcohol for two years.
  1. I don’t have a computer so I can’t type the essay on English grammar. (Conditional Sentence)
- If I had a computer, I would be able to type the essay on English grammar.
  1. Despite having been vaccinated she caught the flu. (Contrast Connector)
- Although she had been vaccinated, she caught flu.
  1. “We will arrest them for illegal entry in the country”, the policeman said. (Reported Speech)
- The policeman said that they would arrest them for illegal entry in the country.
  1. The teacher glued the pieces of the broken toy. (Passive)
- The pieces of the broken toy were glued by the teacher.
  1. It is possible that I finish work earlier than usual today. (Modal verb)
- I may finish work earlier than usual today.
  1. This is the place. We last had coffee together here. (Relative Clauses)
- This is where we last had coffee together.
  1. I love German. Unfortunately, I can’t speak it fluently. (Wish)
- I wish I could speak German fluently.
  1. As he hadn’t behaved himself, his parents got angry with him. (Causal Connector)
- His parents got angry with him because he hadn’t behaved himself.
  1. Everybody must read the instructions first. (Passive)
- The instructions must be read first.
  1. He made an effort to speak in English. (Gerund/Infinitive)
- He tried to speak in English.
  1. I spent my holidays in France. (Question)
- Where did you spend your holidays?                                                                                            
  1. This is the man. His job is very dangerous. (Relative Clauses)
- This is the man whose job is very dangerous.
  1. The engineer has repaired my television. (Have sth. Done)
- I’ve had my television repaired (by the engineer)
  1. She gave up going to French lessons. (Gerund/ Infinitive)
- She stopped going to French lessons.
  1. I regretted having hit the dog on the head. (Wish)
- I wish I hadn’t hit the dog on the head.
  1. I’m not as good at English as you are. (Comparatives)
- You are better at English than me.
  1. The policeman knew where the thief was hidden. (Question)
- Who knew where the thief was hidden?                                                                                                
  1. If your friend doesn’t come before ten, he will miss the train. (Conditionals)
- Unless your friend comes before ten, he will miss the train.
  1. The children stayed at home because it was raining. (Causal Connector)
- As it was raining, the children stayed at home.
  1. “What time do the banks close today?” (Reported Speech)
- Tim asked me what time the banks closed that day.
  1. Sharon hasn’t eaten junk food since last May. (Gerund/Infinitive)
- Sharon stopped eating junk food last May.
  1. My kitchen is being redecorated at the moment. (Have sth. Done)
- I am having my kitchen redecorated at the moment.
  1. I am not sure that she is his girlfriend. (Modal Verb)
- She might be his girlfriend.
  1. Albert’s drawing isn’t as good as Gerard’s. (Comparatives)
- Gerard’s drawing is better than Albert’s drawing.
  1. “Why don’t we play computer games?” said Michael. (Reported Speech)
- Michael suggested playing computer games.
  1. She said: “Are you coming to the party on Friday?” (Reported Speech)

Comentarios