PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT PROGRESSIVE ( WITH KEY)

 Fill in the correct form of the verb given: Present Tense Simple or Progressive

1. Dad ___________________ us to school every morning. (DRIVE)

2. Max ___________________ at an Internet café this summer. (WORK)

3. We ________________________ abroad this year because of the pandemic. (NOT GO)

4. It never ___________________ in the Atacama Desert in Chile. (RAIN)

5. Marty __________________________ to the fitness centre on Mondays. (NOT USUALLY GO)

6. We ___________________ of leaving Britain next year. We might go to America. (THINK)

9. This box ___________________ a lot. What is in it? (WEIGH)

10. What _________________________ under the table? – Is there anything wrong? (YOU DO)

11. She never ___________________ to anyone about her problems. (TALK)

12. Mary ___________________ very sad. What's happened to her? (LOOK)

13. They ________________________ a few days in Stockholm next month. (SPEND)

14. You can't go in. They ___________________ a meeting. (HAVE)

15. I ___________________ I'll have a cup of coffee. I'm so tired. (THINK)

16. ________________________ fishing with me on Sunday? – I don't know. I'll think about it. (YOU GO)

17. I ___________________ here as a waiter on weekends. (WORK)

19. I ________________________ what this letter means. It ___________________ no sense. (NOT UNDERSTAND, MAKE)

20. I ___________________ the dog for a walk because it's so sunny outside. (TAKE)

21. _________________________ at night? (YOU EVER DREAM)

22. I ___________________ on you to help me organise the meeting. (COUNT)

23. My sister ___________________ a video conference in her company next week. (HOLD)

24. Why ___________________________ to what he has to say. (YOU NOT EVER LISTEN)

25. I ___________________ meat. I'm a vegetarian. (NOT EAT)

www.english-practice.at

KEY

1. Dad drives us to school every morning. (DRIVE)

2. Max is working at an Internet café this summer. (WORK)

3. We are not going abroad this year because of the pandemic. (NOT GO)

4. It never rains in the Atacama Desert in Chile. (RAIN)

5. Marty does not usually go to the fitness centre on Mondays. (NOT USUALLY GO)

6. We are thinking of leaving Britain next year. We might go to America. (THINK)

9. This box weighs a lot. What is in it? (WEIGH)

10. What are you doing under the table? – Is there anything wrong? (YOU DO)

11. She never talks to anyone about her problems. (TALK)

12. Mary looks very sad. What's happened to her? (LOOK)

13. They are spending a few days in Stockholm next month. (SPEND)

14. You can't go in. They're having a meeting. (HAVE)

15. I think I'll have a cup of coffee. I'm so tired. (THINK)

16. Are you going fishing with me on Sunday? – I don't know. I'll think about it. (YOU GO)

17. I work here as a waiter on weekends. (WORK)

19. I don't understand what this letter means. It makes no sense. (NOT UNDERSTAND, MAKE)

20. I am taking the dog for a walk because it 's so sunny outside. (TAKE)

21. Do you ever dream at night? (YOU EVER DREAM)

22. I am counting on you to help me organise the meeting. (COUNT)

23. My sister is holding a video conference in her company next week. (HOLD)

24. Why don't you ever listen to what he has to say. (YOU NOT EVER LISTEN)

25. I don't eat meat. I'm a vegetarian. (NOT EAT)

Comentarios